With copyright registration, owner gets the exclusive rights over the work created by him.Further, it helps to protect the work from infringement by any other person.
Copyright is an intellectual property right that aims at protecting the original creations of the author. Copyright can be obtained for any kind of dramatic, musical, artistic, literary and cinematographic work. It covers all the things that cannot be protected by trademark. The various benefits of copyright are as follows-
• Copyright helps to register the ownership of the copyright holder.
• With copyright registration, the owner gets the right to sue any person in case of infringement.
• The copyright holder can attain monetary benefits by licensing or assignment of copyrighted work.
• The holder gets the right to communicate the work to the public and create a large customer base.
• It also grants the right to distribute the work.
• Copyright registration helps the work to get recognition in the market.
• Copyright provides the reward to the creator for their originality.
• The copyright holder can exhibit his work.
• The copyright owner is enabled to create adaptations and derivatives of the work.
• With copyright protection, one can export or import the whole or the part of the work.
• Copyright registration acts as relevant evidence in the court in the case relating to validity.
• Copyright permits the copyright owner to record the registration with Indian Customs to help in protection against the importation of infringing copies into India.