Many huge brands like Apple, Microsoft, Guccietc have created their unique brand image in the minds of people and gained the competitive advantage over certain other brands. Trademark is a design, a logo, an expression or a symbol that differentiates the product or service of one person from other persons. It is also termed as "Service Marks" sometimes. If you are businessman then you must make an effort to come up with the unique and catchy trademark that lasts into people's minds. Now let us take a brief glance at the 5 reasons why trademark registration in India is important to your business –
1. Unique identity – Trademark gives the unique identity to your mark, symbol or logo which helps it to stand out from the crowd and gain the competitive advantage.
2. Grants exclusive rights – Trademark registration provides the exclusive usage rights to the owner. It appropriately proves that the product belongs to the owner and he has all the rights to sell, modify or use that product in whichever way he wants.
3. Provide protection-The registered trademark can only be used by the owner to publically show his ownership of the product. Any third person is not empowered to use the registered product name for his products. Thus trademark protects the trademark from being exploited.
4. Trademark assist in the growth of the business- Trademark helps a business entity to grow immensely in the long run. For instance, there is a shoe manufacturer holding a well- known trademark for his shoe business. He decides to expand his business by including a cloth manufacturing business into his work. As he is a known business with the trusted trademark it is easier for him to introduce his new cloth business and gain the trust of people.
5. Trademark stays forever- Once you have well established your trademark you can reap its benefits for the lifetime. In the initial years, it may take the lot of efforts to establish a trademark however once you get your trademark registered you can avail its benefits for your whole life.
Trademark definitely helps you in getting some serious recognition in the industry and gain competitive advantages. After applying for the trademark registration you can put a symbol of TM on your product and get it registered you can change the TM symbol to (®). The registered symbol on the product helps to build the confidence of the customer in the product and make the product successful.